Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Promises, Promises


So its been a while since I've posted but I've been working on a few things so I'd have something to write about. Which brings me to cosmetics giant Lancome.

Recently I purchased a lotion from this company that made some great promises as to what my thighs might look like should I use their product for a month twice a day. Was I pulled in by the allure of slick packaging, easy promises and pictures of skinny models with perfect legs? Well yes, even though I knew deep down I was throwing away $70 of my hard-earned dollars for what would probably be a dissapointment!

Though having spent that kind of money, I took the directions seriously and slathered the orange, pleasantly scented cream on my legs morning and night until the bottle was empty, probably about two months.

I started to look closely after the first 10 days because that was when I was supposed to first see the signs of my skin smoothing out. Nothing. No volume, no curves, just very soft thighs. I could have accomplished the same thing with a $10 bottle of drugstore brand moisturizer!

Needless to say, my hopes were dashed and my thighs still look the same. So I emailed Lancome to tell them I was unhappy. They emailed me back quickly and told me to send back the empty bottle with a promise to refund my money. The response was quick but I have yet to get the money back and its been two weeks by now. It also cost me $10 to return the bottle with postage and the envelope which I made note off on the letter that went with it so we'll see if they reimburse me for that or not. I will let you know when the cheque arrives....not holding my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment